A rewarding experience awaits you in the home care industry! Send us your applications now and become one of our caregivers by simply filling out the form below.
California HCA Registry Application Process
(for Home Care Aides in CA)
Applying to be on California’s HCA Registry (Home Care Aide registry) is confusing, and the process sometimes changes. Below are the latest steps. The cost is $105-$115 if you start from scratch, and we will reimburse you this cost once you actively work with us for 90 days. If you have questions, please call us at (866) 710 8767 and we can help.
Note that you must be in the HCA registry before you can perform HCA (Home Care Aide) services in someone’s home. And you must be “affiliated” with Calvary Senior Care before you can work with Calvary Senior Care as a HCA.
HCA Registry Steps: Here’s How To Fully Register
To Get On The HCA Registry: Register. The registration cost is $35, which v will reimburse you after 90 days of active employment. When you are registered, you will get a PER ID/HCA ID (Personnel ID), which you will need throughout your HCA career (I suggest you keep your email receipt which has your ID on your cellphone). You can register online or with a paper form — WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND ONLINE REGISTRATION SINCE ONLINE IS MUCH FASTER – YOU WILL GET YOUR HCA/PER ID IMMEDIATELY. Your initial status in the registry will be “Pending” (until you complete step 2 below). You can confirm your status by searching here.
- To register online, click here for the online form and include the following Calvary Senior Care information (by registering online you will get your HCA/PER ID immediately) (If you have technical problems online, try another device or try again later before you decide to mail in your application):
- Home Care Organization: Calvary Senior Care
- HCO #: 3647000091
- Address (if needed): 9650 Business Center Dr., Suite 110, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
- Phone (if needed): 866-710-8767
- Paper documents can be either faxed to 916-322-6310 or mailed to:
California Department Of Social Services
Home Care Services Bureau
744 P St., MS T8-3-90
Sacramento, CA 95814
Get “Live Scanned” (fingerprinted and background checked). Results typically take 3-5 days (unless there’s a delay), and you will get the results in the mail. It costs between $70 and $80 at most places, which we will reimburse you after 90 days of active employment. Download and fill out this caregiver Live Scan form 9163 (it already has the Calvary Senior Care information in it). Then take it to a Live Scan location and have the person there fill out the bottom. One place to get Live Scanned (and there are more) is the Livescan Superprints Plus (357 W 2nd St., #7, San Bernardino, CA 92401, 909-885-2100). Livescan Superprints Plus has mobile services. You can also get Live Scanned at most UPS Stores.
- NOTE: If you have already been Live Scanned for another Home Care company, a Residential Care Facility or Child Care in California within the last two years, then you do NOT need to be Live Scanned again. (If you can get a copy, it should be form LIC 9163, written on the bottom left corner). Simply give us your PER/HCA ID (which you get once you complete Step 1 above) and we will have it transferred so that you can work for Calvary Senior Care. If it has been more than 2 years, then you will need to be Live Scanned for the HCA Registry (Step 2 above).
- NOTE: If you have already been Live Scanned for some other agency/job such as HHA (Home Health Aide) or IHSS (In-Home Supportive Services), or as part of your CNA training, you STILL NEED TO BE LIVE SCANNED. We cannot get these Live Scans transferred, so you need Live Scanned for the HCA Registry (Step 2 above).
Once you have completed HCA Registry Step 1 and Step 2, you can search California’s HCA Registry database by entering your name and HCA/PER ID here: https://secure.dss.ca.gov/ccld/hcsregistry/registrysearch.aspx
The Home Care Aide’s status refers to whether or not he or she is qualified to serve as a registered Home Care Aide. The following is a list of all possible statuses:
- REGISTERED: The Home Care Aide has a cleared criminal history and is registered. This “REGISTERED” status is what you need to start working.
- PENDING: The California Department of Social Services is currently processing the Home Care Aide’s application (it might still be waiting for your Live Scan results).
- DENIED: The Home Care Aide’s application has been denied registration or is ineligible to apply for registration.
- EXPIRED: The two year period for registration has elapsed and the Home Care Aide has not renewed registration.
- CLOSED: The Home Care Aide has withdrawn his or her application.
- FORFEITED: The Home Care Aide has surrendered his or her registration.
- REVOKED: The Aide’s registration has been rescinded by the California Department of Social Services or is ineligible to apply for registration.
When your status says “Registered,” this means your Live Scan has been processed and shows no criminal background. You will also get a letter in the mail, showing your Live Scan results and your approval to be in the HCA registry, but before that you will see your status change to “Registered.”
- NOTE: Step 3 Is Not Required To Be On The HCA Registry. But it is required for you to work for a Home Care company. So basically, you still have to do it.
Get a TB (Tuberculosis) test showing that you are “negative” or do not have TB, and bring it to Calvary Senior Care. You need either
- A negative test that’s no less than 90 days old (or received within 7 days after employment); or
- If you have worked for another HCO (Home Care Organization) within the last 2 years, a negative test that you supplied to them for employment.
Once you take care of this initial TB test documentation, you need to be tested every two years.
Good luck with your Home Care Aide career and please call us with any questions at 866-710-8767.